Sunday, June 17, 2012

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

Today marks 48 hours before we leave for The United States.  I've been reflecting on my time here over the past four weeks and I am so incredibly greatful to have had this experience.  It really is a once in a lifetime experience.  RJ's family welcomed me with open arms into their homes and made me feel welcome.  I could not have asked for a better place to stay here.  I'm also very thankful that I got to share these experiences with such a great friend!  We've had such a fun time!

Over the past week, we've been exploring Mysore and visitng the shops around the city.  We visited a fruit market which was fun, but also very crowded and you had to be on your toes to dodge the scooters flying by!  Let me tell you...crossing the street in India gives me mini spaz attacks because scooters seem to fabricate from thin air!  I can't wait for a crosswalk, haha.

We also visited the Mysore Palace on Sunday night.  Each Sunday night, they light the palace so that it can be seen from the street.  It was so beautiful to see the palace glowing with the light reflecting in the rain from earlier that hour.  So beautiful.

I can't wait to upload more pictures.  Be on the lookout for photos once I get back to the States!

Today's agenda includes prepping for our trip back to the US.  I need to pick a book to read on the flight..any suggestions?  I'm thinking Kite Runner or Fifty Shades of Grey. 

Stay tuned for one more update before we depart from India!

No comments:

Post a Comment